Advantage Point Teen Club
If you're a member between the ages of 13 and 18, you're automatically a member of our Advantage Point Club. Once you become a club member, you can:
* with a parent or guardian as co-signer
Win scholarship money!
If you're an Advantage Point member and a senior in high school planning to continue your education, you can enter our scholarship contest to help pay for your college expenses. We're giving away a total of $5,400 in scholarship money, with the top finisher(s) receiving $1,500.
The application for the spring 2015 competition is currently available. Click here for more information.
- Accredited Schools Online — Search accredited colleges, universities and online programs to find your best fit. Compare schools by location, cost, acceptance rate, safety and more.
- Directory of U.S. Colleges — Search by state, city, tuition, enrollment size, type (2 or 4 years), private/public, campus/online learning and setting (rural, suburban, town, urban) with this easy-to-use tool. Topical guidebooks that aid specific demographics such as minorities, students and families with disabilities, and veterans — who may need a different set of resources, advice and information — are also provided.
- NerdScholar — Compare schools, find scholarships, calculate your student loan payments and more.
- FastWeb matches students of all ages with college scholarship information based on their qualifications.
- CollegeBoard — Students and parents can find help planning, searching, and paying for college with resources for the ACT and SAT, a college match feature, a scholarship search tool, and more.
- Reality check — Determine what you'll really have to earn to get your dream car, move out of your parents' house, and other things you just have to have.
- Credit Unions Rock — Get direction on getting what you want — from a college education to a car to a job — and learn how your credit union can help you get there.
- Teen Consumer Scrapbook — From tips on choosing a cell phone plan to getting your first apartment, you'll find advice and tips to help you make smart decisions.
- Pocket Cents — Learn smart financial habits for launching your life and planning your future.
- Setting out on your own — Practical tips and a practice exercise for creating a basic budget.
- Know your score — Think your grade point average is your only score that matters?
- Financial Literacy Orientation — Get a crash course in managing money, choosing financial products and saving for college.
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy — Learn basic money management skills before heading off to college.
- MyMoney.gov — Prepare for the real world with lessons on saving, taxes, paying for education and more resources for high school students.
- Money as You Grow — See how you measure up against financial benchmarks for every age, with activities to go with each one.
- Attend Financial Football Training Camp and tackle some tough financial challenges.
- Play the game You Are Here to see how a walk through the mall can make you a more informed consumer. Understand advertising and merchandising better so you can buy smart for life.
- Credit Card Smarts — Get tips on using credit cards well from University of Illinois Extension.
- CreditCards.com — Learn about statistics on credit and debt and how you can avoid becoming a statistic yourself.
- Walk through the process of writing a check.
- Learn the basics of having a checking account.
- Financial Entertainment — Learn how to manage your personal finances through fun games.
- Do you have what it takes to be a Biz Kid? This public TV series teaches kids about money and business.
- Find more useful articles and multimedia on our online financial education hub.
- For a library full of financial information, visit MEMBERS Financial Network.
Your savings are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to at least $250,000. Learn how your Arsenal accounts are protected. Have more questions? Call the NCUA Insurance Call Center at 1.800.755.1030, ext. 1, Mon.-Fri. 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m. CST, or use the share insurance estimator to calculate your coverage.