Membership Benefits: Why Should You Join?
At Arsenal Credit Union, we offer all the convenience of a big bank, but all the warmth and personal touches of the corner grocery. Joining a financial cooperative means you own a share of the organization. You have a say in its future. We treat your money — and you — with care. Here, you're not just a number. You're family.
Here are just a few of the perks of membership at Arsenal Credit Union...
- Great rates, fewer fees: As a not-for-profit financial institution, we don't apply the money we make to our bottom line — we apply it to yours. That means offering our members lower interest rates on loans, higher interest and dividend rates on deposits, and lower and fewer fees than banks.
- Excellent member service: We're committed to leading our industry in caring, efficient service to each of our members. Our employees are knowledgeable and focused on providing you with the best service possible.
- Your money is safe with us: Deposits are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration and backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.
- Convenient access to your money: We employ the latest technology so you can access your finances anywhere, anytime, while still maintaining convenient office hours if you desire person-to-person services. We have modern, comfortable branches, conveniently located throughout the St. Louis metro area, to serve you — and we're open longer than nearly all competitors. You also have free access to your accounts at more than 50 Credit Union Shared Branch locations locally and more than 5,000 nationwide. Access your money for free, too, through more than 250 CO-OP Network ATMs locally and 30,000 nationwide. Finally, you can manage your account 24 hours a day through free online banking, online bill pay, mobile banking, text-message banking and our automated (phone) teller system.
- Helping you help yourself: Our services are designed to improve your economic and social well-being, regardless of your income level, age, race, ethnic origin, or gender.
- Financial education: We're committed to helping you become a savvier consumer, with financial education resources and offerings for kids and adults alike.
- Values advantage: We'll treat you with respect, dignity, unreserved honesty and fairness, as we ourselves wish to be treated.
- Ownership: When you join the credit union, you become not only a member, but also a part-owner of the credit union. You have a voice in the affairs of the credit union, including the opportunity to run for and serve as a volunteer board director or volunteer supervisory committee member. You also can vote in annual elections of such.
- Interest-refund auto loans: Get back your last year of interest on your car loan. No other financial institution in the area offers this! Ask for details.
- No application or origination fees: We won't charge you a fee just for applying for an auto, motorcycle, boat, RV or travel trailer loan with us. Some banks charge up to $125!
- No closing costs on home equity loans and home equity lines of credit (unless you end up repaying the loan within the first 12 months). This is yet another way we help you save money when you come to us for financing.
- Quick loan decisions: When you need a line of credit, we won't keep you waiting.
- Multiple ways to apply for a loan — your choice: Apply online, over the phone or in person at any of our branches. You also can get on-the-spot financing from us at just about every auto dealership in the area and at all local Enterprise Car Sales locations.
- Totally free checking: While many banks have eliminated free checking, we haven't.
- Rewards for debit card usage: Get an instant-issue debit card through us, and each time you use it and sign for purchases, you'll earn rewards points; in turn, these points can be redeemed for merchandise, travel, and gift cards to various merchants. Add an online banking relationship with us, and you also can get purchase rewards at stores and restaurants you visit when you use your debit card and spend the amount within the time specified in the offer.
- Rewards for credit card usage: You can also earn rewards points when you have a Visa® credit card through us.
- Helping you protect your identity and get rid of clutter from your home: Every year we hold free paper shredding and free electronics recycling events at our branches.
- Free insurance: Members age 18 and older can receive $1,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance at no cost.
- Free notary service: Come into any of our branches.
- Additional savings for you: By being a member of Arsenal, you can receive discounts on your cellphone plan (individual and business) when you switch to Sprint; the activation fee will also be waived. If you are an existing Sprint customer, you can receive these same discounts if you upgrade your plan, and the upgrade fee will be waived.
- Special benefits for youth: Kids club accounts are available to give our youngest members a bright start on saving. Members ages 5-12 can earn up to $10 a year through our good grades program, while those graduating from high school can earn a college scholarship up to $1,500. When a member turns age 13 or when anyone age 13-18 opens an account at the credit union, he/she will receive a free copy of the booklet, Guide to Money: Getting a Good Start, from us in the mail.
- Senior discounts: Members age 65 and older receive free printing on basic checks, no issue fees on money orders and cashier’s checks, and no fees for account transfers conducted over the phone by an Arsenal employee.
- Local roots: Want to do business with a truly St. Louis-based financial institution? Our roots are in St. Louis, and we intend to stay here. Your money is handled, and our decisions made, by people who live here, work here and understand this area. We're committed to St. Louis, and we're proud to give back to the community.
If you own a small business, you can enjoy many of these same benefits because we offer a host of financial products and services tailored for small businesses, too. These include affordable checking accounts, savings accounts and cash management services such as remote deposit, merchant credit card processing, Visa® debit cards, online banking and online bill pay.