Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Save your money for a set amount of time and lock in an interest rate that is typically higher than that of a basic savings account. Choose terms from three months to five years and open a CD with as little as $500. Usually, the longer the term, the higher the interest rate.
More about our CDs:
- Your savings are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government agency.
- Interest is calculated on the average daily balance of the certificate over the interest period.
- Interest compounds quarterly.
- Interest may be paid monthly if transferred to another ACU account (except for three-month CD).
- Interest checks may be mailed monthly or quarterly for CDs of $10,000 or more.
- Certificates can be used as collateral for loans.
View our current rates and terms.
If you withdraw money from a CD before the term is up, you may have to pay a penalty or forfeit a portion of the interest you earned.
Check out our online financial education hub for a variety of helpful resources.